Back in 2004, Dove started their Campaign for Real Beauty. This campaign was targeted at women - telling us and encouraging us to realize that everyone is beautiful in their own unique way. A powerful message is being sent out to all who listen to this campaign. Here is their mission statement. Dove really wants a woman to realize the kind of effects that the media has and how often we are all bombarded with images that can make us all question if we are truly beautiful.
Later, Axe Body Spray started their Axe Effect Campaign Ads. Many of us are already very aware of what these commercials are like, men using spray - and women chasing after them. Leading men to believe that using this spray will truly make this happen!
1. How do you feel about the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty?
I feel as if I'd want to support what they're doing because it's important, especially to women, to know what real beauty is. Because otherwise, they would lose self-esteem because they think that they aren't good enough.
2. How do you feel about the Axe Effect Campaign? Does it make you laugh hysterically or roll your eyes in disgust? Tell me why.
Well at first, I was disgusted (when I was watching the beginning). But as the commercial went on, I thought it was hilarious. Seriously... no girl on earth, in the right mind, would dare to ever chase after a guy just because they sprayed that perfume all over them. I personally think that the axe perfume smell horrible.
3. Do you think that a 'parent' company has some responsibility in ensure that all their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values? Tell me why or why not.
I think that a 'parent' company has some responsibility in ensuring that all their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values. Because if the 'parent' company doesn't have or give the same sort of beliefs and values as their 'kid' companies, that would make them seem hypocritical since they go against their own beliefs and values. The Beuaty Pressure video and the AXE Effect - Women - Billions would be an example of their (UNILEVER's) hypocriticism
Well at first, I was disgusted (when I was watching the beginning). But as the commercial went on, I thought it was hilarious. Seriously... no girl on earth, in the right mind, would dare to ever chase after a guy just because they sprayed that perfume all over them. I personally think that the axe perfume smell horrible.
3. Do you think that a 'parent' company has some responsibility in ensure that all their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values? Tell me why or why not.
I think that a 'parent' company has some responsibility in ensuring that all their different sectors uphold the same sort of beliefs and values. Because if the 'parent' company doesn't have or give the same sort of beliefs and values as their 'kid' companies, that would make them seem hypocritical since they go against their own beliefs and values. The Beuaty Pressure video and the AXE Effect - Women - Billions would be an example of their (UNILEVER's) hypocriticism

No comments:
Post a Comment