Initial reaction: I've heard the song way before the music video was out and so I thought that the music video was going to be funny because I've heard the lyrics before. Not to mention Nicki Minaj was in the music video. I think that it's really funny how she sings her part, the way she pronounces it, and how her facial expressions were used.
Analysis and interpretation: I think that the musician(s) created this media because they were trying to make a joke out of a profession. The music video seemed to be relying on the "naughty nurse" stereotype and I guess that was the theme that was being promoted in the video. I also think that they made the music video because they wanted to make the song popular. Almost all the time, music videos make the songs more popular and this music video is one of them. What they wore in the music video were just another sexual cliché so that the music video would seem more inviting and sell more.
The music video,I'm pretty sure, is not aligned with Gospel Values. It's not even relevant to the song itself.
Consideration of cultural text: Well, judging from the lyrics, I think that what might have given the musician(s) the urge to create the video was a relationship break-up. To me, I think that in the song, they were trying to tell the man who cheated on her that their relationship is done for good and so he should leave her alone.
Expression of aesthetic judgment: Other than the acting and performance, I didn't really like what they've done with the video so I don't think that the cinematography, choreography, storyline, special effects, lyrics, and musicality work together in the music video. The storyline was irrelevant to the song. Although, I thought the music video and the song itself was really funny.
Ongoing reflection: My chosen video have influenced my reception of the song because the song doesn't have to do anything with the music video. I thought that the song was good and the music video was somewhat stupid because the image they were portraying in the music video discourages many students from joining the profession (being a nurse).
Analysis and interpretation: I think that the musician(s) created this media because they were trying to make a joke out of a profession. The music video seemed to be relying on the "naughty nurse" stereotype and I guess that was the theme that was being promoted in the video. I also think that they made the music video because they wanted to make the song popular. Almost all the time, music videos make the songs more popular and this music video is one of them. What they wore in the music video were just another sexual cliché so that the music video would seem more inviting and sell more.
The music video,I'm pretty sure, is not aligned with Gospel Values. It's not even relevant to the song itself.
Consideration of cultural text: Well, judging from the lyrics, I think that what might have given the musician(s) the urge to create the video was a relationship break-up. To me, I think that in the song, they were trying to tell the man who cheated on her that their relationship is done for good and so he should leave her alone.
Expression of aesthetic judgment: Other than the acting and performance, I didn't really like what they've done with the video so I don't think that the cinematography, choreography, storyline, special effects, lyrics, and musicality work together in the music video. The storyline was irrelevant to the song. Although, I thought the music video and the song itself was really funny.
Ongoing reflection: My chosen video have influenced my reception of the song because the song doesn't have to do anything with the music video. I thought that the song was good and the music video was somewhat stupid because the image they were portraying in the music video discourages many students from joining the profession (being a nurse).


I agree with the response you left about "Up out my face". It's an enjoyable song and all but what you say about following Gospel Values makes a lot of sense.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you've said about this music video, especially that it was made this way just for the song to become popular. Also, I really don't like the video either as they did not portray a very appropriate image.
ReplyDelete